Carpet Care & Maintenance
Like any textile, carpets require proper care to maintain their original beauty. There are three main things that you can do to maintain your carpets:
- Vacuum regularly;
- Clean spills immediately;
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year
- (and more often if you have children, pets and/or allergies)
STAIN & SPOT REMOVAL TIPS
What to do when a spill happens:
- Take up as much of the spill as possible using a towel.
- Gently press a clean clothing into the spill to remove as much moisture as possible.
- DON'T SCRUB! Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain.
- Add warm water, then blot the stain until color stops transferring to the cloth.
- If the stain persists, make a detergent solution by adding 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
- Apply the solution to the spill and let sit for 5 minutes; then rinse with warm water. Repeat until all the solution is removed.
- Place a paper towel on the spill to sbsorb the liquid. Weigh down the towels and let sit overnight.
- Once the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If the stain persists, repeat steps 3 through 7.